Our services include:
- More food for mothers who fully breastfeed
- Prenatal breastfeeding classes and one-on-one counseling sessions
- Guidance from Lactation Educators to help breastfeeding mothers get off to a good start and to overcome challenges like returning to work or school
- Manual or electric breast pumps
- Referrals to other community resources that offer free breastfeeding support
- Breastfeeding peer counseling at some WIC locations
SDSURF WIC supports the American Academy of Pediatrics recommendation to exclusively breastfeed for the first six months of life while respecting each mother’s personal decisions about how she chooses to feed her baby.
Do you have some breastfeeding questions?
Do you need support?
Contact us at our Breastfeeding Helpline 1-888-999-6897 or fill out the contact form below.