Collaborate on Research with SDSURF WIC
Are you interested in collaborating with WIC? Here is the basic pathway…
First, review the mission of WIC: to safeguard the health of low-income women, infants, and children up to age 5 who are at nutrition risk by providing nutritious foods to supplement diets, information on healthy eating, and referrals to health care.
Second, review and consider the following questions:
- How will the proposed research or project benefit the WIC participant or WIC Program? Is it aligned with the mission and objectives of WIC?
- What are the specific time or resource expectations requested of local and/or state WIC programs?
- Is the proposal methodologically sound such that the results and outcomes can be meaningfully measured?
- Has everything been done to ensure WIC participants’ dignity, autonomy, confidentiality, and privacy? Are participants protected from any misleading or deceptive research or programmatic practices?
- Are all parties in agreement in regards to review and approval processes and intellectual property rights for any products developed or any publications that may be developed as a result of this research?
Note: These questions must eventually be answered during the actual collaborative research application process and are provided to assist you in understanding WIC’s guidelines for collaborative research.
Third, provide us with more information by submitting the contact form below and we will be in touch as soon as possible. If you have any additional questions about research at SDSURF WIC please contact email@example.com.